To be eligible for subsidized housing, you must meet all of the following conditions:
- All members of the household must be a Canadian citizenship, Permanent Resident Status, Refugee or refugee Claimant
- No member of the household is currently under a deportation, departure or exclusion order to leave Canada.
- At least 1 person in your household must be 16 years of age and older.
- No member of the household owes money to any social housing provider.
- No member of the household has been convicted of an offence in relation to rent-geared-to-income assistance or found by a court of law or the Landlord and Tenant Board to have misrepresented their income for the purpose of rent-geared-to-income assistance.
- If you own a house or rent any other property, you must agree to sell it or terminated the lease within 180 days of being housed.
- You must be able to live independently, and make your own arrangements for support services.